Monday, July 6, 2009

Dipping a tentative flagella into the blogosphere

Hello! Welcome to my blog. Come in, sit down, make yourself comfortable. Would you like a nice cup of iced coffee and a big slice of maple banana bread?


My name is Peritrichous, but you can call me Peri. In real life, I'm a twentysomething medical student who lives in the Chicago suburbs with an adorkable husband, Lophotrichous (or Lopho). I'd describe myself as a science geek, voracious reader, outdoors lover, trail tromper, and avid crafter. And I'm starting this blog to chronicle my creative adventures.

For as long as I can remember, I've been an inveterate maker of stuff. Right now, knitting and baking are my chief crafty obsessions, but I also dabble in sewing, cross stitch, weaving, and beading- and I'm looking forward to writing about it all here! I hope that joining the creative cacophony of craft bloggers will encourage me to finish more projects and keep better records of both process and product.

If you're curious, my bloggy name originates from my love of microbiology. Peritrichous is a word that describes bacteria, like E. coli, that have flagella coming out in all different directions (whereas Lophotrichous bacteria have a tuft of flagella in one direction). I've always identified with it because my interests likewise spread every which way. But don't worry, I'm (usually) non-pathogenic and (hopefully) completely human- see?


I'll be back in a day or so with the real goodies: details of my latest knitting project. And there's always likely to be another tasty morsel around, too. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment